SVC is a professional valuation and advisory firm committed to the business of sports. Founded by Michael Rapkoch in 2003, we understand the macro and micro complexities that surround a sports franchise.
At SVC, we believe every situation is unique and we approach each challenge with a fresh perspective. Providing the right advice means knowing the local demographics, reasonable upside potential and league-wide issues.
We work closely with your management team to understand their challenges and goals, formulating a valuation that’s in line with the fact patterns observed. Our attention to detail, combined with our industry experience and our proven track record, provides us the ability to make reasonable, supportable and objective valuation opinions. We’ve conducted valuations for clients facing many types of challenges, including: ownership disputes, significant stadium issues, operation without a collective bargaining agreement, and relocation due to a severe hurricane.Below is a brief list of our sports industry qualifications:
- Established relationships across league management and member franchises Our strong relationships with top league and franchise management provide us access to data for analysis, giving our clients a distinct advantage.
- Solid understanding of economics at a league-wide level
- Reputable industry references - We pride ourselves on our strong relationships with former clients and an extensive referral list. We encourage you to ask for and review our current reference list.
- Expertise in sports – Mr. Rapkoch is a professional sports valuations expert with over 10 years of industry-specific experience.
- Reliability and record retention – Working with professional sports franchises is our business. All records, memos and analyses are kept on file for future reference. Our clients benefit from the consistency and expertise that comes from working directly with Mr. Rapkoch who retains a thorough knowledge of all engagements performed.
- Ability to work and coordinate with existing accounting firm – We will actively consult with and communicate with your accounting firm on applying the proper methodologies to calculate the recommended values of the assets acquired to the standards set forth in SFAS 141. This should provide for an efficient review of our work by their internal valuation group if we were selected.